Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Did you grow up in the 80's or the early 90's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Did you grow up in the 80's or the early 90's

    You know you grew up in the 80's if:


    1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word "SIKE".

    2. You watched the Pound Puppies.

    3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Belair"...and can do the "Carlton".

    4. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly
    sexy.

    5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to
    start a club of your own.

    6. You owned those lil' Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls

    7. You know that "WOAH " comes from Joey on Blossom.

    8. Two words: Parachute Pants

    9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock".

    10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars...and "spokey-dokes" or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect.

    11. You can sing the entire theme song to "DuckTales " (Woo-oooh!)

    12. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.

    13. You wore a pon! ytail on the side of your head.

    14. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on the big screen...and still know the turtles names.

    15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class
    at school.

    16. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt
    in a knot on the side.

    17. You played the game "MASH " (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House).

    18. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.

    19. L.A. Gear....need I say more?

    20. You wanted to change your name to "JEM " in Kindergarten. (She's truly outrageous.)

    21. You remember reading "Tales of a fourth grade nothing" and all the
    Ramona books.

    22. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF".

    23. You wanted to be a Goonie.

    24. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us...head-to-toe)

    25. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose
    fell off and his cheeks shifted.

    26. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.

    27. You took lunch boxes to school... and traded Garbage Pail kids in the
    schoolyard.

    28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.

    29. You still get the urge to say "NOT " after every sentence.

    30. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.

    31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band.

    32. You thought She-Ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up.

    33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.

    34. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. (and like #24, probably in neon colors, too.)

    35. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I ?"

    36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"

    37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were in-line skates.

    38. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.

    39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.

    40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.

    41. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.

    42. You remember Popples.

    43. "Don't worry, be happy".

    44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.

    45. You wore socks scrunched down (and sometimes still do..getting yelled at by "younger hip" members of the family.)

    46. You remember boom boxes. .. and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.

    47. You remember watching both "Gremlins " movies.

    48. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!!"

    49. You remember watching "Rainbow Bright" and "My Little Pony Tales."

    50. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.

    51. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.

    52. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...and don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB".

    53. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell," The ORIGINAL class.

    54. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.

    55. You just sang those words to yourself.

    56. You remember watching Magic vs. Bird.

    57. Homemade Levi shorts...the shorter the better.

    58. You remember when mullets were cool!

    59. You had a mullet!

    60. You still sing "We are the World".

    61. You tight rolled your jeans.

    62. You owned a banana clip.

    63. You remember "Where's the Beef?"

    64. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' about Willis?"

    65. You had big hair and you knew how to use it.

    66. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you!!!

    ROCK ON!!!,


    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did you grow up in the 80's or the early 90's

    Got anything for the 60's and 70's???

  3. #3
    Inactive Member littlecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2004
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did you grow up in the 80's or the early 90's

    Boy did you ever get all those right. I can remember every one of those listed. Man I must be getting old!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did you grow up in the 80's or the early 90's

    I remember a lot of those but I grew up a few years earlier.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did you grow up in the 80's or the early 90's

    3. Still can, and the only dance move besides the macarena and the water sprinkler that I know

    7. still used by me

    11. Duck Tales Woo-oooh! Chip and Dales were good too.

    12. Best time ever...cereal and cartoons, id get up at 7.

    14. Mikey, Leo, Donny, and Raphy
    15. Thanks to Mr. Giles having that on the computer I was the slowest typer in the school for 4 years, however was in the Oregon Trail Hall of Fame 93 times.

    23. I WAS A GOONIE, (MOUTH ALL THE WAY) "HEY YOU GUYS!!!"

    26. Dude last night i totally smurfed smurfette. We hadnt got out of the parkin lot before she was smurfin my smurf. No smurfin way!!.

    27. plain ham sandwhiches, juice box, and vegetables, snack pack everyday for 4 years all i wanted.

    32. heman was/is my hero.

    35. Good ol Paul Reubens.

    36. Laughed the first and every time, jus somethin bout old women falling and getting hurt.

    47. can't get em wet, cant feed em past midnight, and...

    52. O O O O O O O O O you got the right stuff....baby

    53. Hated it.

    56. You remember watching Magic vs. Bird.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_trio's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    1,341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did you grow up in the 80's or the early 90's

    hmmm I remember most of those..

  7. #7
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did you grow up in the 80's or the early 90's

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    54. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART

    [/ QUOTE ]
    I bet nobody on the board can sing the words to Shot Through The Heart. It is a song off of Bon Jovi's first album and is completly different from what the writer probably meant as You Give Love A Bad Name from Slippery When Wet.
    http://heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/gl...DName=Bon+Jovi
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did you grow up in the 80's or the early 90's

    OH MAN we moved this past week and I smurfin found my husband's Garbage Pail Kid cards OMG it was hilarious!!!

    don't forget Shirt Tales too!!!! I have all the little stuffed ones of those. and I always thought He-Man and She-Ra were related, brother and sister or cousins or something

    I have BonJovi's first album, as well as slippery.....

    the slip n slides will mess you the smurf up!!!!

    I actually have pics of me with the pony tail side business, and the banana clip oh my smurf....7th grade prom I had a banana clip in my hair, with it teased all the way by smurf!!!

    I love stuff like this, like I love the 80s [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did you grow up in the 80's or the early 90's

    1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word "SIKE".

    Yes sir

    2. You watched the Pound Puppies.

    I remember em

    3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Belair"...and can do the "Carlton".

    yep
    4. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly
    sexy.

    haha, i remember it well, and it seems like everything was like lime green or hot pink lol

    5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.

    I remember the babysitters club but i think it was more a girl thing.
    6. You owned those lil' Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls

    all the chicks in kindergarten had em

    7. You know that "WOAH " comes from Joey on Blossom.
    HA, yep, Six talked fast as hell.

    8. Two words: Parachute Pants
    Hammer time!!!

    9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock".
    The Doozers, hell yeah

    10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars...and "spokey-dokes" or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect.

    I didnt, but it was common

    11. You can sing the entire theme song to "DuckTales " (Woo-oooh!)

    Launchpad McQuack, greatest pilot ever [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    12. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.

    Id wake up at the crack of dawn, drove my parents nuts.....nbc had all the cartoons, the chipmunks were probably my favorite, Alvin is still lookin for his pete rose card, miami vice style hehe.

    13. You wore a pon! ytail on the side of your head.
    Girl thing

    14. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on the big screen...and still know the turtles names.

    Yes I did, saw it in theatres.

    15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.

    Like Moonlight said, Oregon Trail was the illest. Id always get sick and die on the trail lol.

    16. You made your mom buy one of those clips that woul hld your shirt
    in a knot on the side.

    I think my sister did that crap.

    17. You played the game "MASH " (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House).

    yep, and that one game criss cross applesauce, does anyone remember that HAH.

    18. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it. No sir, not me.

    19. L.A. Gear....need I say more?
    I never owned a pair thank God. I remember when they came out with their version of the pumps.

    20. You wanted to change your name to "JEM " in Kindergarten. (She's truly outrageous.)
    Jem and the holograms, I remember it, they were like a rock group and the bad girls were misfits or something.

    21. You remember reading "Tales of a fourth grade nothing" and all the
    Ramona books.

    Ramona and Henry Huggins, yessir

    22. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF".
    Karate Kid, classic
    23. You wanted to be a Goonie.
    LOL at moonlight.....i remember the video game too.

    24. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us...head-to-toe) Nah not me

    25. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose
    fell off and his cheeks shifted.
    Yep

    26. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf. Actually she wasnt the only girl, but she was the only original girl smurf..... but moonlight made me laugh

    27. You took lunch boxes to school... and traded Garbage Pail kids in the
    schoolyard.
    I remember garbage pail kids........lunch boxes, i think my first was a tin star wars model, dang i wish i still had it, i bet its worth something.......thats before plastic lunch boxes.......dont forget Capri Sun

    28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets. I remember that well

    29. You still get the urge to say "NOT " after every sentence. Yep

    30. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.
    Nope

    31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band.
    Not mine, but I remember......lyndsey hunnicutt was the ultimate barbie girl hehe

    32. You thought She-Ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up. Yep, then i found out they were bro and sis [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

    33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets. Thats sad, its crazy how there are so many kids you go to school with and move away even before high school

    34. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. (and like #24, probably in neon colors, too.)
    Not me, but plenty of my family

    35. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I ?" Thats before I learned what masturbation was haha.

    36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up" Yes

    37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were in-line skates. There wasnt one around here, but there was one when i was like 3 at the old colgard building in norton......i think one in cwood too.

    38. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.
    Nah, but i busted a girl in the face with a water hose on the Wet Banana [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
    Whats that?

    40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.

    Yep, seems like I went to one every week.

    41. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.
    Yep

    42. You remember Popples.
    Yep

    43. "Don't worry, be happy".
    Yep

    44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
    haha, funny, but no

    45. You wore socks scrunched down (and sometimes still do..getting yelled at by "younger hip" members of the family.)

    Yeah I think i did do that........that was before they invented footies
    46. You remember boom boxes. .. and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.

    Run DMC, LL, how could you not have a boombox
    47. You remember watching both "Gremlins " movies.
    Those suckers went gangster when they got wet lol.

    48. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!!"
    Nope

    49. You remember watching "Rainbow Bright" and "My Little Pony Tales."
    Nah thats more a girls show

    50. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.

    I wanted to smurf the smurf outta Alyssa Milano, too bad she looks like buttcrack now.

    51. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
    Yep

    52. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...and don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB".
    Hated em.......girls were obsessed with em.

    53. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell," The ORIGINAL class.

    Yep, even Milo the janitor

    54. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART. not all the words, but still

    55. You just sang those words to yourself.
    Yep

    56. You remember watching Magic vs. Bird.

    Hated the lakers, Bird and Walter Payton were Gods

    57. Homemade Levi shorts...the shorter the better.
    Ha, nah

    58. You remember when mullets were cool!
    I never had one, but i like to show everyone my brothers pics

    59. You had a mullet!
    no

    60. You still sing "We are the World".
    I dont still sing it, but im sure I sang it.....Ms Newlen was a frickin flower child, we had to sing lame songs in kindergarten for her class all the time.

    61. You tight rolled your jeans.
    No, but I think i did my sweats.

    62. You owned a banana clip.
    For a semi auto?

    63. You remember "Where's the Beef?"
    Yep

    64. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' about Willis?"
    Gotta, McGahee is the man
    65. You had big hair and you knew how to use it.
    No

    66. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you!!! Yep

    ROCK ON!!!,

  10. #10
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did you grow up in the 80's or the early 90's

    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    54. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART

    [/ QUOTE ]
    I bet nobody on the board can sing the words to Shot Through The Heart. It is a song off of Bon Jovi's first album and is completly different from what the writer probably meant as You Give Love A Bad Name from Slippery When Wet.
    Bon Jovi - CD. Heavy Harmonies Discography
    so, serious, can anyone sing the song SHOT THRUGH THE HEART?
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •